The National Lottery's TellyBingo game was launched in 1999 and is broadcast every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The game enables you to play interactive bingo from the comfort of your own home.
How to Play TellyBingo
The game has a 75-ball format with six prize tiers. There are 24 randomly generated numbers, along with a free number in the centre square, on each TellyBingo card. These numbers appear on a player's screen once they have paid to participate. Tickets cost €2.50 per game.
There are six ways to win with TellyBingo:
- Corners – Any players who match the four corners of their grid within the first 32 numbers drawn will win a prize worth a minimum of €5.
- Lucky Line – If a player marks all of the numbers on a randomly selected horizontal line, they win €5. On each TellyBingo ticket, Line 1 refers to the top line, Line 2 to the line below, and so on.
- X Game – Players who manage to mark an X shape on their grid from the first 36 numbers drawn will win a prize of approximately €100. The X shape requires that eight numbers are matched correctly.
- Full House – As soon as one player matches all of the numbers on their card, the TellyBingo game ends and no more prizes will be awarded. The Full House prize is fixed at €10,000 but if more than one player achieves a Full House simultaneously, the prize will be shared equally between the successful players.
- Snowball – The Snowball prize is a bonus for any player(s) who manage to get a Full House on or before the 45th number (i.e. the 'Snowball') is drawn and the prize starts at €10,000. However, if no players achieve a Snowball, a further €5,000 is added to the prize pool for the following game and the number of balls drawn increases by one. For example, if no-one wins the starting Snowball game with the prize of €10,000 and a ball pool of 45, the prize increases to €15,000 and the ball pool increases to 46, and so on. This process means that every time the Snowball prize is not won, both the prize value and ball pool increase to offer players a better chance of winning.
- Phone Risk Card – Each TellyBingo ticket features a unique six-digit number. If this number matches the randomly generated code which is announced by the presenter during the game, the ticket holder has until 9pm on the following day to phone in and validate their ticket. They are then invited to participate in the 'Phone Risk' game on the TellyBingo TV show, during which they can win a prize worth between €1,000 and €10,000.