How you claim Irish Lottery prizes depends on whether you bought your ticket at a retailer or online and how much you have won. Irish Lottery prizes expire 90 days after the date of the winning Irish Lotto, EuroMillions, Daily Million or TellyBingo draw or 90 days following the ending of a scratchcard game. Players cannot claim any prize after this period of time has passed. Retail players must present their physical ticket to claim their prize and payments cannot be made if slips are lost, so make sure you keep it somewhere safe and memorable.
All Irish National Lottery prizes are awarded as tax-free lump sums to Irish citizens, although those playing from overseas should check their local tax laws in case they are liable for withholdings at home.
Claiming Online Irish Lottery Prizes
- Prizes up to €99 - Paid directly into your online account.
- Prizes between €100 and €499 - Paid by cheque, which is sent to the address you registered when signing up for the account.
- Prizes between €500 and €9,999 - Paid by cheque after you complete a prize claim form and provide suitable ID.
- Prizes of €10,000 and more - Paid by cheque at lottery headquarters on Abbey Street Lower in Dublin. The ticket must undergo a validation process and ID is required.
Claiming Irish Lottery Prizes Bought at Retailers
- Prizes Worth €100 or Less - Prizes can be redeemed at any National Lottery retailer in the country. Retailers may also pay out higher prize amounts up to a value of €2,500 at their own discretion.
- Prizes Worth €14,999 or Less - Claimed at dedicated An Post offices across the Republic of Ireland.
- Prizes Worth €15,000 or More - Must be claimed at the National Lottery headquarters on Abbey Street Lower in Dublin.
Claiming Irish Lottery Prizes From Overseas
If you play Irish Lottery games through an online lottery concierge service from overseas, you will be informed of any win by email and will receive non-jackpot payments directly into your player account. If you win the jackpot, the concierge service will guide you through the claims process and could arrange for you to visit Ireland to pick up the prize in person.